Friday, June 28, 2013

We Miss You Meow.

As I sit here in my office at my desk and choke back tears I think of my little kitty and what she's doing now. Is she afraid? Is she warm? Is she watching the birds? Or sitting in the sun?

In early January 2008 Nick and I went to go pick out a rescue kitten from one of the local Sacramento shelters. They were showing cats at a Petco and Frankie was there. We knew we wanted a kitten but, what breed we really had no preference. Nick and I held Frankie's sister who was black and white, her brother who was siamese and then we held the little runt of the siblings. All of the kittens we held that day were scared and didn't like being held. Frankie was very relaxed when we held her - so we took her home.

This was her room until she peed on the bed.

She slept in there for hours the night we brought her home.
While she was a kitten she was into people and new sounds. Once she got a little older she became more skiddish. After about 3 years she started having tummy problems and just couldn't keep any food down. We tried feeding her new food, meds, and many vet trips. Nothing seemed to help. The vet prescribed prozac and antacids for her barfing.

This seemed to help for a while but, the last year we had her we also had a new little member of the family arrive. She wasn't a big fan of Ben until he was about 6 months old. Now with another baby on the way and knowing that we were going to move we knew that she wouldn't benefit much from it. I had always said she needs an old lady and a lap but, this last year or more I wasn't able to give her that. So we decided to find her a new home. We found a gal who was willing to take her but, it didn't end up working out. She took Frankie to the Humane Society because I just couldn't bring her back here with me. She would have been just as unhappy.

One day about two weeks ago I took a quick peak at the Humane Society's website to see if her picture was up. It was. I could tell she was a little scared. She had the look of 'Oops, did I just lick all the butter off the counter? - and got caught doing it'. I noticed that there were a few things wrong with her profile so I contacted the Humane Society to see if I could change a few things and they told me that Frankie went to her new forever home that day.

Most days I'm so busy with Ben or feeling so pregnant that it's the only thing on my mind. Although there are the nights when I watch TV and Nick's busy doing something and all I want is my little Kitty Anne on my lap to keep me warm. She was really good at that.

I'll miss you forever Meow. You are such a good girl.

Her favorite spot... in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment