Well this was quite the surprise. Little Robert Cole decided to join us just barely entering the month of October. He was due on the 19th but, apparently he wanted to join us WAY earlier! This was okay though, I was getting really uncomfortable and could barely sleep or play with Ben.
Nick was out of town in Sacramento the weekend before doing a Tough Mudder race (again) so thankful I didn't go into labor while he was gone!
On the evening of September 30th I told Nick wanted to pack my bags and just be ready which that was something Nick wanted to do that night as well. We didn't get around to it... my water broke the next morning at 4:30am while I was asleep. Once that happened I woke up but, waited for a contraction to start. I waited 7 minutes and nothing happened. I decided to wake up Nick. Of course he jumped up thinking this was going to be a hurry up go go go experience like it was with Ben but, I didn't have any contractions at all until we were driving to the hospital hours later but, they were pretty mild. I pretty much didn't have any contractions that actually 'hurt' until about 4pm that day after we started pitocin to pick things up a bit. These contractions got more and more intense as the evening went on and at about 8:30 I felt some serious pressure. Called the midwife in and at 9:50 I started pushing. At 9:59pm and three pushes later he was here! Two hours and one minute shy of Nick's Mom's birthday. Robbie was 8lbs 2oz. 19.25 inches long. Pretty easy birth compared to the first time around!
Robbie is such a joy to have around. Ben loves his little brother (Bobby). He kisses him through out the day and tries to give gentle hugs. He's just such a warm ball of baby I just love to hold him. We wonder if he will be anything like his brother or if he'll be completely different. Only time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment