Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Little Valentine

A year ago today we were flying back to Sacramento from Portland. Sitting in the airport with a chai latte in my hand knowing something was off. I turned to Nick and told him 'this chai seems really sweet'. He didn't think anything of it but, i knew something seemed different. I was about 4 days late and that seemed a little weird. But since i stopped my birth control i thought maybe my body was just getting used to not having it. So we flew home and went into work still feeling off thinking by this point OH MY WORD COULD I BE PREGNANT??? Then pretty much through out that whole day i was freaking out that I could be!!! I called Nick on my way home from work and told him that I was going to pick up a pregnancy test and all i wanted to do was get take out and lay on the couch! Nick was about to go grab the food and i decided to pee on the stick and he waited until i did to leave and i'm glad he did other wise i would have been alone when i found out that we were indeed pregnant!! I immediately started crying and was shaking and very nervous! Nick was calm as a cucumber or at least he acted like it but, we were both over joyed.

I just cannot believe how much our lives have changed since this little tiny bean entered our lives! What a wonderful gift of love to get on such a day! I couldn't imagine what my life would be like now if i hadn't gotten pregnant! We would probably have more money and have more sleep under our belts but, I guess that doesn't really matter at all if you have a funny, giggling, squirmy, drooly, little boy to wake up to every day! We love you Ben!





No comments:

Post a Comment